Salary:       Salary commensurate with experience
ProductWriter is the market leading insurance product definition and rating software offered by Polaris and used by many insurers, brokers and MGAs both in the UK and in Ireland. It is a key enabler of online trading for the UK industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of ProductWriter as a proposition and the effective account management of a portfolio of clients. Your aim is to support the Polaris Leadership Team with pre-sales and sales activities and support existing ProductWriter customers. In conjunction with the Leadership Team, you will work to both secure new customers and help manage existing customers
As a Product Consultant, you will:
ProductWriter product development
- Liaise with clients to identify improvements to the ProductWriter proposition and agree delivery through our technology vendors.
- Promote best practice for use of the product and look to continuously evolve the product to meet the needs of our clients and to attract new clients.
- Work with clients and internal teams to ensure clients achieve the desired outcomes with ProductWriter usage.
- Be able to demonstrate the product’s capabilities and opportunities.
- Act as a “champion for change” and prepare business cases for consideration by the ProductWriter Steering Group and User Review Group.
Sales & Account Management
- Build and maintain deep and informed relationships with our clients e.g. brokers, insurers, and software houses by:
- Getting an updated view of client’s ProductWriter usage and related business/IT developments, via regular account level contact
- Gaining insight into their extent of use and exploitation of ProductWriter’s features and functions relative to their peers and ensuring that they are aware of potential areas for greater use/exploitation
- Providing the Polaris Leadership Team with feedback on a clients’ product roadmap and strategic direction
- Making Polaris aware of competitive threats to ProductWriter, regulatory changes or new developments that affect the ability of ProductWriter to continue to fulfil its strategic purpose.
- Work with the line manager to ensure supplier contracts are appropriate, in place, and observed by all parties; support renewal negotiations and/or tenders.
- Help with pre-sales activity, which may involve product demo.
- Ensure our suppliers meet their SLA and change commitments.
- Support your line manager and ensure any changes and improvements suggested by clients are communicated to our supplier to manage stakeholder expectation.
We are looking for someone who:
- Cares about achieving good outcomes for customers
- Seeks to find solutions in a collaborative manner
- Can demonstrate stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Can effectively plan, prioritise and organise their work/ small projects and work to agreed time frames
- Can produce high quality written communication for a range of audiences
- Is confident and professional in communicating to a range of internal and external customers – both verbally and written
- Is proactive and self-motivated – takes the initiative to identify issues and ensure that problems are resolved quickly
- Can interpret and explain complex technical concepts in a simple manner
- Proactively keeps abreast of industry developments and related technology trends
- Able to bring a fresh perspective, challenging insurance industry dogma
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent general insurance industry and product distribution knowledge
- Experience of working in UK General Insurance market
- Experience of product distribution and delivery in the UK General Insurance market (ideally in online trading)
- Experience with ProductWriter or similar product development and rating capability tools is desirable but not essential
- A basic salary that reflects your experience
- Discretionary bonus based on the company and product performance
- Generous annual leave of 27 days for full time staff with option to buy 5 additional days annual leave per year
- Flexible working hours as agreed with your line manager
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
- Group Life Insurance (Death in Service) – a lump sum of four x gross salary
- Company Pension at 10% of your gross salary with optional salary sacrifice arrangement
- Gym membership